I dont let Levi get up before 630. Or 700 on weekends. It's just too early. I know that might sound mean, but it's not like he's screaming & crying in his room, he's just awake for a few mins sometimes. He is too whiny if he gets up too early. And once he is old enough to understand more, I will change weekend time to 800. (No reason to change weekdays as long as the other kids get here at 615)
I recently re-organized my closets... For some reason I always think it's going to help get the daily mess contained, but it usually doesnt do much... I just get sick of picking up the same crap every day. But I have been making the kids help out more, and keeping them in one room so I have a mostly clean house. If I could just convince them to quit eating, I could stop worrying about the dishes : )
We seriously need to go grocery shopping, which I hate. I mean it has been almost 2 weeks, so we're really really out of food. Probably Winn Dixie, but for whatever reason, Nathan does not like shopping there.
I really want my tax return money. We agreed to only buy "necessary" items until it comes. So I am waiting to buy new hair products... and a few other things that though they are not essential to our survival, would be very helpful to have around. Now I sound ungrateful... Seriously I am thankful for the blessings that I have.
Teaching kids wakeup/get up times is great! My kids have an 8am every day. Before Keturah could read a clock I rigged a LED nightlight to a timer and the light would come on at 8am. If the light wasn't on she had to be quiet and stay in bed. That's in Micah's room now since she reads her clock. I've found it works really well and the consistency helps them deal with life, lol.
ReplyDelete