10.03.2011

Fall is here.

My favorite mom in the whole world sent me some fall leaves. I got them yesterday because we are too lazy to check our mail everyday. But I am pretty sure they arrived on Friday afternoon. And they brought the cooler weather South. Because (coincidentally?) Saturday was our first cool (81*) day since March.

[as I am writing this, the boys are sitting at the table "eating lunch" and my son has stuck a popsicle stick into his PB & J, and is singing happy birthday to you]

I think that October is my most homesick month. I miss the changing leaves, and sweatshirts and apple orchards... and it is about halfway between my visits with family... When we first get back to Florida from our summer trip it is such a relief to be HOME, and the whole adjustment to real life keeps me busy, and the recent memories of time with family. And in November we've only got a few weeks left until our Christmas trip. Plus, as a bonus, we get Thanksgiving visitors this year!! :) So it's just a matter of getting through October. Which will probably be over before I know it.

P.S. A little help here friends... How on earth do I get Levi to pee on his own?? He does not like to point himself in the right direction so the options are 1.) I help him - which is kind of a problem when someone else needs to take him to the bathroom --or-- 2.) a mess!

1 comment:

  1. I love your posts :) I was just asking Greg if you guys would be home around Christmas, can you believe its less than three months away!

    ReplyDelete