I am always excited when anybody comes to visit. Seriously, if you're reading this right now, come visit me. :)
There is always this part of me that worries about all the things that could potentially go wrong, but I try to push those things waaaaay to the back of my mind, and focus on all the wonderful things that will happen.
Anyway, unlike growing up in MI, where you have 2 days off, schools in FL get the entire week of Thanksgiving off. Love it! A whole week with my husband, and we were getting visitors. Nathans parents came sunday to sunday. And when people come to FL, they are on vacation, which means we get to live like we are on vacation!!!
Monday~I watched the boys, and the day went well. Once they left, we headed to Vero Beach to meet Nathan's aunt & uncle who were staying further south at their condo. We had never been there before, but it was a lovely little beach town, and I'd love to spend a whole day there, exploring and shopping all the little stores that line the street. Anyway, we had dinner at a restaurant right by the water, and then went for a stroll along the beach, and waded in the water a bit. Levi got pretty wet & sandy once he realized that the ocean is still just as fun after dark. As we walked back toward our car, we passed a fancy-shmancy hotel, with a beautiful fountain out front, and took the opportunity to wash Levi's arms and legs, and my sandy feet (We were walking barefoot, by the way) and desperately hoped that no security guard would see us and run us off. I changed L into dry clothes, and then to top off the night we got ice cream and sat & ate it outside, enjoying the ocean breeze & the sound of the waves.
Tuesday~We drove to Cocoa Beach, went swimming (I did not swim, it was too cold for me) and walked along the pier.
Wednesday~Nathan had his staff Thanksgiving dinner, so the rest of us went to Chik-fil-a at the mall, which was decorated beautifully, and then we spent most of the afternoon at Ikea, a quick trip to Walmart, and back home.
Thursday~Thanksgiving! I didn't even have to cook. My mother-in-law did most of it herself. That is something to be thankful for! A delicious meal that I didn't have to make! And we sat outside and relaxed most of the afternoon, it was beautiful out. (Of course the tv was on, to watch football)
Friday~was what we had been looking forward to the whole week. Not for shopping, but because we had free tickets to animal kingdom/epcot/hollywood studios. We didn't make it to hollywood studios, but the other 2 parks were fun. It was a great day!
Saturday~football, and relaxing. We were all so tired from our friday adventure.
The week went by fast, and we had tons of fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment