1.08.2013

Transitioning & a review of the first few weeks of Tyler's life.

Going from 1 kid to 2 hasn't really been that bad. It's had some rough patches here & there, but we expected that.
The first week was probably the hardest, because the complete lack of sleep was dragging me down, and I felt like I couldn't give L the attention he deserved while T demanded so much of me. All the while trying to heal up from having birthed an 11.2 pound baby. (I went to my Dr. yest, and he said they are Still talking about me at the hospital, and it's a big hospital)
I was fortunate enough that my momma cleaned up really well before they left, so there wasn't much housework to be done. And I only had 2 days alone before the hubby started his Christmas break, so he could help out and let me get some sleep.
The worst part was the weight checks for T every couple days, and then after trying SO hard to exclusively bf him, we had to add formula to get his weight back up.
Anyway, on Christmas Eve the in-laws arrived. It was nice to have help from my MIL with the cooking & cleaning, and diaper changing, and they both took turns holding the baby and played with Levi, all of which was helpful to me to rest & relax.
We had a good Christmas together, and they went out a few times leaving me with just the baby which gave us some peace & quiet, and precious bonding time.
After they had been there almost a week, it was time for more family to arrive. Our almost 1200 square feet home was now housing 12 people... 6 of them 8 & under. It was a bit crazy but actually lots of fun! And I got naps in because for the most part everyone went out for at least awhile during the day.
On NYE I had to take L to the Dr, he tested positive for the Flu... altogether he had a fever off & on for 8 days. Yuck. As if making room for a new brother wasn't enough, he had to be sick too.
The day that everyone left was the same day N went back to work. So it was me alone with my 2 boys, and luckily although L's fever was gone, he was still tired enough to need a nap. After 2 days, it was the weekend and N was off so I had help again.
Saturday we all went food shopping together, and we actually all made it to church on Sunday ~ even if we were a few mins late. It was nice to get out.
This week's goal is to BF on-demand, as often as T wants to, and to not leave the house so it's easy to do that. Eventually (soon I hope) I want to be off the formula & so far it's  starting to look like I might get there. I actually don't mind too much if I give him 1 or 2 bottles a day, but not after every single feeding. It's a learning curve for both of us, but we're getting better. Although, it might be awhile before I will be able to take him out anywhere since I'm not really ready for public feeding ~ I think I will get there, but for now it's too hard, bc if I'm covered I can't see what I'm doing at all...
I'm also trying to make an effort towards giving L attention, but fortunately he doesn't seem to be jealous so far. :)
Ok well this is really long and not very well written. Oh well. This is my brain without sleep.

2 comments:

  1. thanks for the update! I miss you, darlin'. I hope you're having an amazing time with your new baby and your little family. :) You're an awesome woman.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhaha! I just noticed I totally commented as Mike above...sorry for the creepiness. I hate when I do that!

    anyhoo....I've nominated you for a Liebster Award. :) The info can be found on my blog if you so choose to accept.

    exploringwoods.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete