9.06.2010

Birthday Week!

Well, Birthday Week is here. Tomorrow is Nathan's birthday (27) and Wednesday is Levi's (2). We started celebrating on Friday night, when the first gifts arrived in the mail. It was the first time Levi really opened presents. He got some trucks from his Uncle Adam & Aunt Sarah, and from his Gma & Gpa he got a t-shirt, and a little people boat. Nathan got new socks (his favorite thing) and some birthday money.
Saturday of course was the first Michigan game and Levi learned a new phrase "go blue". We were very excited for them to get a win.
Sunday we had church in the morning, naps, grocery shopping, and in the evening we headed to Blanchard Park, and met Julie & Baxter there.
Today was our Sunday school party, and it was really fun. Nathan & I are enjoying getting to know the people from our class. The food was delicious, and they had a nice house, including a pool. There were lots of kids for Levi to play with, and he was sooo good. The unfortunate incident occured right as we were changing him out of his swim stuff into regular clothes: I layed him on top of a towel, and when I took the diaper off, I discovered that he had pooped, and though it had (very luckily) been contained in the diaper while he was in the pool, it had gotten wet enough to spill onto the towel, and soak into the carpet! ugh, and it was a horrible mess. Luckily our hosts were very gracious about the whole thing. So we picked up Levi, with his diaper half-on, the towel underneath him, and plopped him in the tub and did our best to clean him up! And the spot was easily cleaned! Ah, the things that happen when youre a mom... Of course, I had extra clothes, but only for him, and his were fine, it was MY shirt that had poo-water on it. But like I said we were getting ready to go anyway. All in all it has been a good holiday weekend, and we are looking forward to the rest of the celebrations this week

No comments:

Post a Comment