11.07.2011

shopping with a 3 year old.

When we go grocery shopping, we almost always do it together, as a family. --Actually, that's pretty much how we do everything...

Would it be easier for just one of us to go? Yes, probably. Would it be easier to leave Levi, and take a goat with us? Most likely. But, we love to spend time together.

Yesterday after naps, we went to WalMart to get some food. What I wouldn't give to have a Meijer down here...

It was a good trip. Lucky for us, the stuff that Levi asks for as we're shopping is stuff like "gwapes momma. and apples. and be-nanas" rather than candy and cookies and all that. I mean, he's not perfect, it's not like he says "oh please can we have leafy greens, and squash" but he likes his fruit. His  one request that we didn't grant: A Disney princess doll thing, in the check out lane. We talked him into m&m's instead ;)

Personally, I don't mind if kids are loud. I love to hear happy children, loving life. I think it's a refreshing change to all the grumpy people in the world. Loud is fine with us, whiny, not so much. But that doesn't mean we don't get our fair share of people who disagree with this philosophy, and give strange looks in our direction. Who cares?!

So, here's my example: as I am pushing a cart around, my baby is singing (shouting) HAPPY BIRTHDAY, to YOU!! Over and over, all through the busy Sunday afternoon shopping crowd. It's not anyone's birthday, but he is happy. And I get mostly smiles. But a few grumpy people shooting me dirty looks, like "umm, can't you keep your kid quiet?!" Hello, we're in WALMART, not having tea with the queen. Let kids be kids.

One more cute story. This morning, as Levi was wishing me a happy birthday (he does this often, and I say it back) I told him, it will be momma's birthday, in a couple weeks. And he said oh-so pitifully... "aaaaw, I want a birthday" :) Love that kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment