A few weeks ago, on a Tuesday morning I was at home doing the regular stuff, L & B were busy playing (fighting?) and my husband called me. His intern had told him of a job opening at a daycare about 3 miles away from our house. It would be working in the baby room from 9 to 2:30, M to F, and Levi would be able to come with me and be in with the 3's and 4's. His intern thought I would be perfect for this job, and offered to pick me and Levi up, and give us a ride to the daycare so I could fill out an application that afternoon. I decided to give it a shot, and then if I was offered a job, we would try to figure out all the details...
So, when we got there, the director had me fill out an application, and proceeded to interview me, explain the position (part time in the baby room, and cooking lunch for the older kids) and offered me the job. I told her I would need to talk it over with my husband, and make sure that B's mom had time to find a replacement for me, and would get back to her the next day.
B's mom was able to get him enrolled in the daycare where his older brother was already going for pre-k, starting the following Monday, so that wasn't going to be a problem. We were able to work out transportation so that Nathan could get a ride to work in the morning, I would take the car, and then I would have to pick him up in the evening.
When I called back, the director was busy, and I didn't get into any contact with her until Thursday, when she told me that there was a problem. The problem being that the actual Owner of the daycare (her ex-husband) did not want her to hire another employee with a child because he did not want to offer discounted rate for Levi. But she told me that she would continue to talk to him, and try to convince him that I would be a good hire.
By that time, it was too late to watch B still, so we were trying to decide what to do next. I called a few times, to see if there was any progress made by the director, but she was always giving me the same answer, that she hadn't talked to her ex yet, and that she would call me back later. (but never did.) Levi enjoyed the time he got to spend just with me, and I enjoyed time with him, and having time to keep the house clean, to workout, and to sleep past 6am. Plus we got to do a few activities during the day (by dropping Nathan off at school) that we wouldn't have gotten to do otherwise. We decided that we would pray about it, and that if this wasn't working out, God must have something in store for us. On the Thurs of my first week of being unemployed, I got a call from the daycare director, that she was getting more babies, and was going to need someone to be just in the baby room, from 9 to 3 every day. So I went to get fingerprinted that afternoon, and kept hoping, that this time it would actually work out for real.
I started this past Tuesday, and I really like it so far.
No comments:
Post a Comment