3.17.2012

Job Stuff.

Things I love about my new job:
1.) I get to "sleep in" until around 7, and move at a lazy pace in the morning, since I don't have to leave the house until 8:45
2.) I get to work outside my house, but still have my little man right next door. That means he is learning to be independent, but I still know what's going on with him all the time, and if anything bad happens, I'm right there.
3.) All the cuuuuuuuute babies I get to care for.
4.) Less time at home, means less time to make messes, and less food we need during the day/saving money on groceries.
5.) It puts us in a better position to be able to pay for the things that are not in our budget, and also save some money.
6.) I get to be home with my boys in the evenings, and on weekends :)
7.) I LOVE the time at the end of the day, and in the mornings when we're getting ready, and L is full of stories. He is becoming a great conversationalist, and daycare gives him a lot of things to talk about.


Things I do NOT love about my new job:
1.) At the end of the day, I am very tired of smelling like baby vomit. Ew.
2.) When I get home, I feel like I just want to relax, but then I realize I have to leave shortly to pick up Nathan from his job. And even that wouldn't be so awful if it wasn't for the fact that it takes me almost 45 minutes to get about 15 miles... Sometimes I hate that we only have one car!!
3.) I probably change 15-20 diapers each day. And I am only part time.
4.) I hate that sometimes, we are busy meeting the needs of a certain baby, and another is left fussing, because they just want snuggles. :( Sad babies make me sad.
5.) There isn't really a great time to fit in my work out. I guess I will have to start getting up earlier to squeeze it in...
6.) Levi is still getting used to the transition, and when he is upset, I can hear him cry, and it breaks my heart. There was a certain moment the very first day, where I had to talk myself out of picking him up, and walking out the door, and not coming back. Thankfully, each day has gotten better, and he is *mostly* happy, and making new friends, and enjoying most of the day. I think it is very overwhelming to switch from 3.5 years of constant attention and time with your momma to a full day in a completely different, and structured group routine.


So that's some stuff. I am praising God for this job, and praying that all will continue to go well, and that L will fully adjust very soon! And for wisdom in the decision of what to do about transportation... whether to look for another car, or just keep doing what we're doing... Please pray for us, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment