Last week Wednesday, my hubby's work threw us a baby shower. :) To be completely honest, I thought I didn't get a shower this time around, since it's not our first baby, and especially because it's another boy. I was thrilled to find out I was wrong, I love when people have parties in my honor ;)And I love getting presents, even though they are technically for the baby.
One of the teachers happens to also be a talented cake decorator, and she made me one of those baby belly cakes, and it was adorable! And delicious. I don't know why, but I really wanted one of those cakes...
Everyone was beyond generous and we got tons of amazing baby things! I love that these people are a part of our lives, and they take the time to care, and to show us love, and they are a blessing in our lives. I went to bed feeling blessed, and also thinking "Where am I going to put all this?!" I am easily overwhelmed these days...
Thursday I woke up too early so I could go to my second to last day of work. At the end of my shift, I did the usual routine... go get L, drive home, then drive Baby Sis to work about a half hour later. But this day, I dropped L off first, did a little housework, had lunch, and took a delightful nap. Naps make me happy :) After my nap I had to go to the Dr for my regular baby checkup, and get tested for Strep B. When I went to pick L up on my way home I had about an hour to do some cleaning, and make some quick dinner, and head back to work for our staff meeting... It was a long day!
The meeting got started late, and we were talking about the usual things (Side Note: I had to take L with me, because the hubby was at a conference and my usual babysitter -Charity - works the same place I do, and had to be at the meeting too) And L was coloring semi-quietly, until he had to use the bathroom, and then a couple minutes later waddled out with his pants & underwear around his ankles and said "mommy! Can you come wipe my butt please!"
I was in the bathroom less than 2 minutes. Only as long as it took me to get him cleaned up, and get both our hands washed.
When I walked out, there was a cake, and presents, and everyone was rushing around, and SURPRISE, it was a baby shower. I guess I had a pretty good reaction on my face, because everyone started laughing. But seriously, it was just a bunch of people sitting around, and then suddenly everything changed. Crazy.
It was great. I can't even explain how thankful I am for everyone's generosity. I love it. People are fantastic.
No comments:
Post a Comment