9.04.2012

Sleeping Arrangements

Let me tell you about Saturday night. Well, I guess technically early Sunday morning...

2:19 am ~ Feel tiny hands grabbing at my legs. Wake up and help L climb into bed with us. Surprisingly he settled in between us taking up the amount of space a child should. Try to get comfortable for a ridiculously long time before finally falling asleep.

5:45 am ~ Wake up with a full bladder, and realize I am balancing dangerously close to the edge of my bed as L has "drifted" toward me during the course of the past few hours.

Now, this is all part of our typical night, except that usually Nathan will wake up at some point and go sleep on L's bed so he has more space, and I can push L over, or take N's spot myself and everyone is fine. (There are a few benefits of being a preggo I guess)

But this time Nathan didn't wake up, so I trudged across the hallway and tried to get comfortable enough on the futon in L's room.

6:40 am ~ Woke up to whispering "hey mommy, I wanna lay down with you" (Side note. The futon is folded up as a couch, so you can imagine how much space is left when you factor in my enormous belly plus the 3 to 4 pillows that surround me in an effort to get comfortable) and he climbs up, and over me and wedges himself between my back and the back of the bed. We stay like this until about 7:00 when I decide to give up and start the day.

Sunday night/Monday morning Nathan ends up sleeping in L's bed. SO on Monday, while we're all off for the holiday, I decide to solve this problem while simultaneously satisfying a small part of my nesting urges. We (and by "we" I mean Nathan working, while I direct him, since I shouldn't lift things right now) rearranged things enough to put the futon in our room, and create more space in L's room so it's not so cluttered. :)

How did it work out? Well, L woke up this morning around 3:00, by sneezing, and didn't even disturb us, just climbed right onto the futon and fell back asleep until just after 6:00. I'd say that the first night was a success!

3 comments:

  1. yay! glad it worked out, and hopefully you can keep getting more zzz's now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you guys get some well-needed rest :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not getting woken up during the night by him. Which doesn't mean I'm sleeping through, but at least not being kicked :)

    ReplyDelete