Today during our coloring time I looked over at my little man, and his "girlfriend" (well, 1 of the 3 he has) and the 2 of them were coloring their faces with markers. I put a stop to it, and another teacher went and grabbed me a couple baby wipes - thank goodness for washable markers! - as I explained to them that markers are only for paper. A concept that both of them know, but it doesn't really seem to matter. As soon as they both acknowledged that they would never color their faces again, I turned away and L turned to her and said "hey, you wanna color your face again?!" as he looked up at her with his bright blue eyes, and gave her that 'you know you want to' look. And I could tell she was really thinking about it...
Turns out "washable" doesn't mean washes off your face. So L is half-covered in blue still. And it took about 3 more conversations to convince him to stop trying to get people into trouble. "Let's color our faces now"...
Not that it's always him, those 2 are always convincing each other to do things they shouldn't. Rules are put in place for my class solely because of their actions. Examples??
1.) No kissing people who don't want to be kissed, and don't kiss at school.
2.) No coloring/painting on any parts of your body.
3.) Keep your shirts down.
4.) Everyone has to wear pants in school, all the time. Don't let anyone pull your pants down, and don't pull anyone else's or your pants down.
Yikes. I think it's a good thing these 2 won't be in Kindergarten together. :)
hmmm, kind of reminds me of a certain someone who made a rule come to be by wearing flip flops in the winter. :)
ReplyDeletehaha! yes, but somehow shoes seem less important than pants... :)He's definitely his momma's boy in many ways, even if he looks like his daddy!
Delete