Then we walked in.
And that plan went right out the window.
Because of all the people to run into, L's friend K was there at the same time, with her family. I'm not going to blame it on anyone, and honestly they weren't being bad, they were just best friends who were so happy to see each other in an otherwise mind-numbingly boring situation.
It was actually nice for awhile, because while I was filling out paperwork, L & K played together. And though they were on the loud side, they were just kids having fun, so I'm ok with that. And then they decided to chase each other. But once we told them to, they stopped.
Me & L both had to get our hemoglobin checked so that caused tears. But he was actually more upset about the band-aid than the pain. Once that was off he was happy to play some more.
Then, K went with her mom to a different area, and K's dad pushed a car across the floor to L, so he could play with it. Except L was playing on the floor where people were walking... and he got up for a minute, and before anyone realized what was about to happen, one of the employees, who was wearing 3 inch heals, stepped on the car, and slid on it...
I thought she was really going to fall.
And then when she didn't I thought she was going to break an ankle.
But she didn't. And I didn't know what to say or do. So I made L pick up the car, and give it back to K's dad. And I think the lady was embarrassed because she just kept walking before any of us could say anything.
And then when she was gone, we couldn't stop laughing. Because the image of her almost falling was stuck in my mind, and it's not like she got hurt. And at least I waited until she left. If she had gotten hurt it wouldn't have been funny, it really could have been bad. I think L missed the whole thing, because he was distracted by another toy when it happened, and seemed confused when I made him put it away.
As if that wasn't bad enough...
When we got called back to talk with the nutritionist, it was her! Awkward.
Clearly I am not good under pressure. I had no reaction. Looking back I guess I should have apologized or something. And we won't be playing cars on the WIC office floor anymore.
No comments:
Post a Comment