1.23.2011

why are we here?

Don't worry this isn't some kind of deep theological thought. I don't mean to discuss the purpose of life today. I am going to answer, why WE (me, nate & levi) are HERE (in Orlando)
Most of you know the basic easy answer: This was Nathan's first "real job" offer, and having a little one on the way, in a not-so-great economy, we took it. Truthfully, there are days that we question our move, and get discouraged, and want to go back, and we always miss our family.
But what it comes down to, is that we believe this is where God wants us. And as long as He wants us here, here is where we'll be, however painful it is.
I have been learning alot about listening to God's calling, and I now realize that it is foolish to think that my desires can be relied on as what's best for my life. So, 2.5 years later, I can say I am at peace with it. Completely. A lot of thought and prayer went into our decision to come to Orlando. Yes it was spur of the moment, but it did take alot of consideration. And since neither of us have felt God calling us anywhere else, and still firmly believe that (for whatever reason) He wants us to stay, we are staying indefinitely. This is our home and it's where we belong.
I feel like this is kind of something that I should have realized a long time ago, and this whole post is kind of rambling but it's what's been on my heart & in my mind lately.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you guys are happy and are making a home for yourself down there. :) we need to visit sometime.

    ReplyDelete