I know people are probably going to be offended by this. But I don't care.
Let me start by saying, I don't hate dogs. I don't want one (sometimes I think about it) but they are cute and wonderful, and I like to see them, as long as they are well-trained...
Dog People! Quit acting like your pet is a person. Do not try to compare having a puppy with having a child. It's not the same. Nothing is the same about it. That's fine that he/she is "part of the family" -- I don't get it, but I don't have to get it -- but having a dog/cat/salamander/goldfish/etc is NOT like having a baby. So quit acting like you have the same special magical bond. And please, when someone tells you a story about their kid (even though you probably don't think it's as cool as they do) don't respond with a "similar situation" involving your pet. Ew. Seriously, I could go on about this all day. But I won't.
AMEN. Preach it, sister!!
ReplyDeleteheh. i hate it when people come back with similar stories in any situation...just bugs me, makes me think they don't really want to hear what you have to say, just say their story. k. love you.
ReplyDeleteLOL very true! "simular stories" can help people to bond emotionally with you , common ground of sorts, so I don't mind them when they are acutally comparable. But I just think animal people are nuts for comparing pets to children. :) it is weird...
ReplyDelete