8.03.2011

beach day

Yesterday was beach day. It was supposed to be spend the day at the pool with a friend day, but she is sick so we will do that later :(
So anyway, we left the house around 9:15 and headed for New Smyrna Beach (in Volusia county, sharkbite capital of the world!) I was a little bit apprehensive, since those of you who faithfully stalk me already know that Levi had a very anti-beach phase this spring. But Charity had never swam in the Atlantic, and I love the ocean, so we went anyway and I hoped for the best.
Beach Baby is back! He begged to get into the waves, from the moment we saw them, and never wanted to get out. He squealed with delight as the waves crashed against us, and his face was lit up with excitement each time another headed our way. He'd yell "here come other one!!" as it approached us, and when we would start to head back for shore he'd say "One More Time!!" And when we talked about the beach he'd declare it the "best day EVER" as taught by Aunt Charity :)
And we were watching these kids try to surf, a boy and a girl. It was like the boy was trying to teach the girl, except he was very cocky about it & bossing her around the whole time. One wave she chose didn't work out and he yelled "See woman, I told you!" and then she got tired of his crap and challenged him and he said "Your ready for this, fool? You wanna take THIS on??!!"  It was funny, so much attitude from these tween kids. He fell, by the way, first time up :)
So Nate has been in Pensacola since before L woke up monday morning. He has asked me several times, at different times of day "where's daddy?" and I keep telling him he's at work, but I'm not sure he believes me. He thinks I'm the wife whose husband says "I'm gunna run to get some milk/beer/_____ and be back soon" and I keep thinking how long it seems to be taking, but I'm sure he'd coming back, even though he took a suitcase full of his things... Cuz he said he's coming back! Yeah, L totally thinks I'm crazy. Considering daddy hasn't worked for a couple months, and even before that, he's back home by 4 everyday.... lol. I'd love to be able to read Levi's mind :)

No comments:

Post a Comment