8.31.2011

wednesday thoughts

So, I've read several articles about how social networking can make people feel crappy about themselves, because everyone always tries to make their lives sound Ah-mazing on stuff like that. And how people look for others to validate them, by commenting and stuff. It's funny, because it had never even occurred to me that I should be affected by that stuff. Honestly FB is the easiest way to keep in touch with friends/family that all live over a thousand miles away. I think I would be bummed out if I didn't read about all the wonderful things that are happening to them. And I like to think that they feel the same way about me. Yes, I "waste" alot of time online, but what else would I be doing?? I can only clean so many times, and I'm stranded at home all day everyday while the hubby works. Also this is my only interaction with anyone over the age of 2. Anyway, those are just my thoughts on the issue...
Although Friday, I get the day off babysitting, and I get to have the car!! Which might be exciting except that it is to take L to see the entire cleft palate team. So we get there at 8:15, and will be there several hours, visiting with each specific specialist that he may need to deal with ever in his lifetime... Even the info packet that I got said to please bring toys, games, food, due to the length of the appt. Yikes! You know it's bad when the doc's office admits it's going to take forever :-) Oh well, luckily he is doing well (and by "well", I mean amazing & incredibly advanced, & brilliant beyond his almost-3 years) so I'm not worried about that aspect of it. Plus for whatever crazy backwards reason, he LOVES going to the doctor. I'm sure you will here more about this appt later. Last time we were there, it was sooo long & boring, that baby boy actually fell asleep on the bed/exam table thing. And I considered joining him, except that I'm kind of a drooler. lol. talk about embarrassing... public drooling.
Mr. Levi is talking about his birthday, super-excited, every day he is running around yelling "happy birthday!!" and asking "want some cake?" pretending to have a party :-) Love that kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment